A blog isn't just for online journaling any more.
Thanks to some creative folks with an eye for looking outside the box, you can make a blog appear to be a website for your business.
Why does your business need a site?
In case you have not noticed, it's the new millennium which comes with new technology. A website today for a business is what advertising in the phonebook and newspaper was a decade ago. Your business needs a website because;
- To give potential customers a general feeling about what your business is doing.
- Promote your business
- Sell items
- Personalize yourself and your business
- Tell the world that you are in business
- Let people know that your business keeps up with the times
Why use a blog for your website?
Here is a really good reason. A blog gives you the opportunity to have your site hosted for free.
Other reasons to use a blog:
- A blog can be really easy to set up
- A blog can be really easy to maintain
- You don't have to purchase expensive software
- You don't have to pay anyone to set up a website.
- Easy to integrate with your e-mail and other services.
A blog is an ideal way to go if your business is just starting out or is small. If you have a large business, you probably have some sort of marketing team and can afford a website that can host a lot of traffic and do more for you.
I'll be writing more posts on how to set up your business blog. But, it is something that you should consider if you are just starting out or have a small business.