E-books can be a wonderful way to promote something beyond the book. They can allow you to promote your blog and your blog topic. The result can be your credibility as a knowledgeable authority.
Technically, you can use any word processing software, such as Microsoft Word, to write your book. Many authors will then convert their work over to PDF.
Electronics manufacturers are releasing e-book readers such as Amazon's Kindle model or Sony's PRS-500.
The e-book has several advantages over physical materials:
- Text can be searched automatically and cross-referenced using hyperlinks
- Less physical space is required to store e-books.
- Authors can continue to earn royalties indefinitely since the books never go out of print.
- Readers who have difficulty reading printed books can benefit from the adjustment of text size and font face.
- Text-to-speech software can be used to convert e-books to audio books automatically.
- It costs little to reproduce or copy an e-book, which is ideal for archival and backup purposes.
- Ease of distributing and marketing.