Affiliate marketing is an online advertising channel in which advertisers pay publishers, such as bloggers, to show their advertisements on their site. 'Cost per Click' would pay the blogger or host for every click that was generated fri their site whether or not the clicker followed through beyond the click.
The New Affiliate Marketing from Google will now only pay for for results, such as a visitor making a purchase or filling out a form.
While it may be easy for bloggers to get 10 clicks a week from ther 50 or so visits they get, getting an action may be a whole different ballgame. This is why the average blogger is concerned. Few bloggers actually get the 10,000 visits per day, an arbitrary amount which would definitly see a follow through or two.
- When searching for an affiliate program consider the following;
- How much will you earn per action
- Will the payment be in cash, check or merchandise credit?
- At what level will you actually receive payment? $100? $50?
- What kind of businesses does the affiliate marketer represent?
There are actually quite a few affiliate programs. Now that AdSense is paying per action, other programs seem more attractive because they are offering the same or similar incentives.
Here are some to check out.
- Pay Per Click
- Affiliate Guide.com
- Best Buy
- Comp USA
- Commission Junction
- Children's Books
- My New Bag
- eFashion House
- Old Navy
- Office Depot
- Office Max
- Affiliate Programs/Children's Clothing
- Peets Coffee and Tea