Social networking is probably the best way to promote your blog if you want a consistent and supportive reader base.
Social networking gives you the opportunity to promote and be promoted. You help promote someone else's blog while they help promote yours. We all work together.
Here are some great tips to get you started using social networking to promote your blog.
Twitter. Five ways that you can use Twitter to promote your blog
- Every time you make a new post, update your Twitter
- Follow everyone who follows you in addition to adding new people every day.
- When you get a new follow, be sure to respond to the follower with a link to your blog, after you thank them for the follow.
- Ask advice. Many Twitterers will post a question to get their followeres involved. They will then write a blog post in response.
- Place a follow widget on your blog so that readers who arrive there from elsewhere can also follow you on Twitter.
Four ways to promote your blog on Facebook.
- Join many groups which promote blogging and internet promotion. After a while you will see the same people and it will make it easier to request them as a friend.
- Use your group membership to network and make friends. This is a great idea because most of these people are genuine and are doing the same thing that you are- promoting themselves. These leads can lead to other leads.
- Learn where and when to pick up on a lead. Sometimes it will come in the form of a friend request and sometime it will come in the form of a group invitation or message.
- Lastly, I have formed a group Blog Promotion through Social Networking to help you get on your way. Join today and learn how to promote your blog with the help of fellow blogger.
While I am not that saavy or a big user of LinkedIn, I do believe that it can lead to positive leads. The more your do, the more you can promote.
Blog Promotion Through Social Networking
If you are interested in getting the most out of your blog, look into social networking.
It's free, easy and fun.