Becoming a successful blogger doesn't happen overnight. It takes work and strategy.
Here are 5 essential steps to successful blogging.
- Define what successful blogging is to you. To some, it means name recognition while to others it means having followers. Defining what it means to you will help you plan your blog strategy.
- Plan your blog strategy. This means to set goals. Where do you want your blog to be in a month, six months, and in a year from now. List your goals on a piece of paper so that you can clearly see them.
- Map out how you will reach your goals for your strategy. If one of your goals is to have a traffic count of 100 visitors daily in a year from now, how to your plan to make that happen?
- Find out what works and what doesn't work. Use measures such as kind and number of comments left on each post. Which posts generate the most interest? When do you get the most traffic.
- Finally, evaluate and re-evalute. Is it working? Do you need to adjust your blog look or topic?
Each of these steps takes work on their own. This is meant as a general over-view of how to become successful at blogging. I will focus on each of these in upcoming posts.