Main Page Beginners Design Tips Get Traffic Earn Money Picks Codes

Are you a Successful Blogger?

Successful Blogging

  • Beginners can learn the basics about Blogging
  • Advanced Bloggers can learn how to take their blog up a notch.
  • Anyone can learn HOW TO GET MORE TRAFFIC
  • And more- Templates, Codes, and Tips etc.

What do you want to read about? Scroll down or check out our sidebar for topics.

We post at least daily so check back or subscribe to our newsletter.

Successful Blogging.com

Guest Blogger- Chocoholics Diary, Starting a Hobby Blog

How to get started on your hobby blog.

I love chocolate.
That is a fact.

I turned my love for chocolate into my blogsite, Chocoholics Diary.

I started my blog just for fun. It certainly is not my day job but, with small bits of advertising I am able to pay for the domain name chocoholicsdiary.com. I also earn a few extra dollars which make the rewards even better.

If you are seriously considering starting a hobby based blog here are a few things to consider;

  • Are there any similar blogs?
  • What will your niche be?
  • What makes you any kind of an authority?
  • What will your site consist of?
  • Do you have any kind of a potential reader base?
  • Where will your material come from?
In my case, yes, there are similar blogs. All I had to do was a Google Blog search on chocolate and an array of blogs popped up. Were there too many to make mine any kind of a success? Probably not.

My niche is that I offer recipes, news, and facts about chocolate. Kind of like a knowledge base for chocolate.

My authority is that I've eaten plenty of chocolate in my lifetime. Because of my love for the product, I have no problem doing the research.

My site consists of news, embedded items, and recipes for chocolate related items.

My reader base was totally picked up after I started the blog and people randomly visited it.
A lot of the time, the information that I provide is the kind of information that people are in search of.

My information comes from a variety of places. When I do a facts post I consult research authorities. Recipes are found from recipe sources.

Starting a hobby blog is not hard to do. You must put some thought into it in order to maintain a direction and fulfill a niche. A lot of the time this is an ongoing process.




Raise Funds for Cheerleaders

0 comments: