from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
When you create a new blog entry in [Blogger] you may want to alert all your friends and family. Blogger only has the option to send an e-mail to a single address. Using Google Groups you can forward this e-mail to a whole list of people.
- Create your [Google Groups] account. You must have a Gmail (Google Mail) account to do this. You can sign up for a [Gmail account] free. Once set up, make a note of the address you will use to send e-mail to your group.
- Add people to your group. Click on the "Members" tab on the side and "+ invite new members". Now you can either invite members by e-mail, or add members directly. Write a quick note to explain why they are receiving this e-mail.
- Set your blog to send e-mail to your new Google Group. In your Blogger Dashboard click on "Settings" and then "Email". In the BlogSend Address enter the e-mail address for your Google Group. Alternatively, you can also just manually send an e-mail to your Google Group from your normal e-mail address whenever you update your blog.
- If you are handy with HTML code, you will notice that the Google logo in the Subscribe Box can be switched for another image file. Just make the tag point to a small image you have hosted somewhere.
- If the Subscribe Box is not formatted correctly after changing the image, try adding width="200" and align="center" to the tag immediately before it says "Email:". Adjust this width if it still doesn't look right.
- Only add people directly to your Google Group if you know that they want to be added, otherwise you will be sending spam. If you try to directly add a list of people, Google may want you to explain why before they will process it. This is to prevent spammers from using Google Groups.
- How to Dissuade Yourself from Becoming a Blogger
- How to Create a Free Blog on Blogbus
- How to Start a Free Blog Fast
- How to Write a Deep and Thoughtful Blog Post People Will Want to Read
- How to Get Your Blog to Appear at the Top of Searches
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world's largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Create a Mailing List for Blogger. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.