Most fellow bloggers are aware of the ever increasing blogs and blogger count in the web sphere, rather to be precise, in the blogosphere. So, there is every possibility that your blog is among millions of those competing for even small number of visitors per day to get some psychological happiness or to earn some Adsense cents etc. But the perfect analogy to the problem can be comparing yourself with one of the millions or I suppose billions of stars competing for stargazer’s attention. And you yourself think ---what is the probability of your blog being seen by a person on earth if you are just another star? So the obvious solution to this analogical problem is that you either become some sought of Pole star status star or be a part of constellation to get viewed by maximum.
- The first and foremost solution is to have UNIQUE and frequently updated content in your blog. Be true and yourself to your visitors. The big search engines are smart enough of to detect which blogs are providing new, fresh and unique stuff, and reward them with better ranking in search results.
- Try your best to make your blog heading, blog post title and blog post content ‘Keyword rich’. By ‘keyword rich ‘ I mean to say it should contain some of the phrases which you think are potential searches that people will do and your same post will act as answer to it. For example: I am writing a post on how to open a CD-Rom on others computer from your computer and a potential visitor must be searching for Open CD –Rom trick or prank etc etc …So, what I have to do is to write my post including these “Open CD –Rom trick or prank” strings in my post. This is really useful for coming on top in Search engine rankings hence improving your visitor count.
- Take advantage of social networking sites. Blogs are social web elements and require a community or society of their own to sustain and grow, exactly the same way human ,being social animal , is dependent on society .So, do go for social bookmarking like Digg, Stumbleupon, Technorati, Feedburner, etc.
- Be a celebrity blogger by commenting on various blogs of your taste and interest and leave a back link to your blog. This helps a lot in spreading the name .Also blogroll or do link exchange with blog you feel will be helpful for your visitor.
- Submit your blog to various search engines, at least to the main search engines like Google ,Yahoo, AOL ,MSN etc is must to get name and fame for your blog .
- Last but not the least always have the motto of spreading knowledge and enlightenment to the visitors and please don’t do blogging for the sake of any monetary benefit as your motto, take my word you will never be a successful blogger going this road.
- Keep blogging, be real and be pure
- Donot start your blog with the aim of earning money
- How to Start a Blog
- How to Write a Famous Blog
- How to Write a Fictional Blog
- How to Keep a Travel Blog
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Build Your Blog As a Brand. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.